Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 18650 Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery's (Tesla/Ebike)

18650 Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery's (Tesla/Ebike) 5 months 3 weeks ago #943

• e-HG
  • e-HG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 49
Now, this common rechargeable battery is available in a package that will support 20 Amp continuous discharge, these cells can be considered for our use. As there have been some posts about these battery's on the forum, and their use with our projects, I thought I would start a thread specifically to discuss them.

Sadly for me, I've already gone down the path of LiPo's. Until they die, I'll have to take a back-seat with 18650's. Cost and weight - both systems come out about the same. The greatest advantage (that I can see) is Li-Ion is a safer technology than LiPo's. After all, there is a squillion being used for electric-cars now. The other advantage is shipping (small lots can be airfreighted) and their abundance.

First what Wikipedia has to say: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battery_si...eries_(rechargeable)

Next a great write-up from an E-Bike guy: www.electricbike.com/diy-battery-pack-kits-four-options-2017/
This write-up has some great options for building packs.If I was going to pick one for convenience, weight and cost it would probably be this system: vruzend.com/product/vruzend-battery-kit-v2-0/

I know Rodrigo and Roland are looking at using them, anyone else?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gamba, rodrigomedeirosbrazil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sorry not PG, but electrons are electrons right!

18650 Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery's (Tesla/Ebike) 5 months 2 weeks ago #945

Here are some batteries high drain to use in packs:

LGDBHE41865
LG HG2
Sony VTC6 or VTC5
And Samsung 25R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rodrigo Medeiros from Brazil
  • Page: